Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mirage




Silence here & silence there
Inspite of the noise everywhere
Its been long
& i have waited
but u seem to have turned 
& moved far away


my hope is dwindling
my fears increasing
Id be left alone
in this world so bright
where darkness is a form of light


I have been forbidden
from this world they say
for i took the step 
to have u in my way


I explain myself
& fight from within
With the thoughts that claim
The worst of the sins


I look at my naked self in the mirror
& see a frail, easily hurt figure
The once ripening curves 
Now look greyish & sapless


& i think maybe
it just lacks the sun & warmth
disappointed at the resulting womanhood
i realise it has now gone opaque


& then I remember the you
who loved me physically long ago
the passion in your eyes
Sang the songs of lust


The mirror reflects my thinness
But to me it is not becoming
The longish slope of my haunches you loved
Is now, just flatenning


As i slip into my nightdress
& fall back on the bed
another day goes by 
& the endless night comes


Unjust, Unjust, I shout out to myself
I cry out aloud 
& call out your name
Why wont you come
Why wont you come?


Cheers
Sne!!


PS: This poem cud be considered as a sequel to the previous one, Also the title was suggested by a very dear Friend, Mayur!!









8 comments:

Abhishek Singh said...

Hey nice....especially the beginning part, really able to relate the beginning part, but the later part is only a woman can comment :)

Snehal Vaidya said...

Thank-you. :) The later part is not about the woman being able to comment.. Its the silence & the agony of waiting for her lover which is being attempted to describe.. How slowly the mind & the body is giving up.. as the woman is ageing as she waits for her lover to return.. ;)
M glad u like it.. :D

Arun Rajendran said...

Hi.. Nice one again.. the longing comes across with great poignancy.. Just felt that 'Opaque' would have been a good title as well :)

Snehal Vaidya said...

Thnx Arun.. Yes Opaque cud be a good title as well.. :)

neha said...

nice one....




















music, utorrent

iMysteriousGal said...

awesome... excellent. loved it.

maureen walsh said...

Thank you. Love your work.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

reads the mind of a beloved longing for her lover, beautifully...
her thoughts leave you pondering over the pain one goes through in (unrequited) love!